Diet trends are a dime a dozen, but many people have genuinely embraced the Paleo diet and are using it to guide their eating habits. According to Robb Wolf, author of The Paleo Solution, “The Paleo diet is the healthiest way you can eat because it is the ONLY nutritional approach that works with your genetics to help you stay lean, strong and energetic!” Here are some healthy, tasty snacks that are part of the Paleo diet:
- Kale chips. All you have to do for one of the healthiest snacks on the planet is coat some fresh kale in olive oil, add some salt and pepper and bake.
- Homemade Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips. These chips will help satisfy the need for something crunchy AND something sweet. All you need to do is dust some apple slices with cinnamon and then heat them up.
- Roasted Jalapeno Pumpkin Seeds. Pumpkin seeds are one of the healthiest to eat and adding a bit of flavor to them well help you consume them quicker. Use real jalapenos to deliver the heat and olive oil to roast the seeds.
- Rosemary and Sea Salt Sweet potato chips. The sweet potatoes are guaranteed to fill that craving for chips and other salty snacks. They also will add a lot of fiber to your diet.
- Rosemary Fried Almonds. Almonds are another very healthy nut but sometimes they can get a little boring in you diet. Rosemary also goes nicely with the almonds.
- Roasted Red Pepper Poppers. These have about an equal vegetable-to-meat ratio with bacon wrapped around the peppers and chicken used as the filling.
- Fire Roasted Tomato, Green Chile and Corn Salsa. Salsa is usually something that is perfectly acceptable in a Paleo diet, but just be sure to double check all of the ingredients. Salsa goes with anything, and is so tasty and satisfying!
- Cucumber Watermelon sandwiches. These are a great way to cool off on a hot summer day and eat healthy – no bread needed.
- Prosciutto-wrapped berries and strawberries stuffed with fresh and tangy ricotta cheese. Enough said.
- Bacon and Guacamole sammies. Who would have guessed that these two delicious foods combined make an even greater snack? Use bacon in place of bread with guacamole smeared in between.
Even if you aren’t eating a strict Paleo diet, these healthy snacks are sure to satisfy any kind of craving! What are some of your favorite Paleo snacks?