Your drive to work is in rush hour traffic. You have to make a long walk to the subway station. The trek to your class is up the world’s biggest hill. We all have that dreaded daily commute, but happily, it is possible to turn that transit time into a positive experience.
If I don’t have anything to read while on my bus ride to work, I love having something to listen to. Music is always great to have on hand, but lately I’ve really enjoyed listening to podcasts. Here are some really interesting and entertaining podcasts that help make that daily commute a lot more enjoyable:
- Slumber Party with Alie & Georgia – It’s a podcast with pajamas, snacks, and everything you can imagine you’d find at a slumber party with your best friends. This podcast will quickly become your guilty pleasure. These two girls are witty and smart and have a great form of sarcastic humor, bound to give you a few laughs on your way to work.
- After the Jump – Grace Bonney, founder of Design*Sponge now dives into a podcast form similar to her blog. She discusses the world of independent artists, interviewing store owners and designers along with important members of the design community. Her blog has been ruling the Blogosphere for over a decade and this is the perfect supplement to the website.
- Chewing the Fat – In this podcast, female journalists Monica Eng and Louisa Chu take on the world of food. They feature regional cuisine as well as delve into the politics of food and health. It’s a fascinating and entertaining podcast.
- Grammar Girl: Quick and Dirty Tips – It’s always a good idea to work on your writing skills. The tips featured in this informative podcast will help you get the basics of grammar down.
- Stuff You Should Know – This interesting podcast brings you a plethora of facts and other stuff you ought to know!
- Simple Life Together – The husband and wife hosts will share their experience of living a simpler life and maintaining strong relationships in our hectic modern world. This cast will help bring some balance back into your life.
- This American Life – Produced by Chicago Public Media, This American Life is one of the most popular podcasts in the country, and features themed episodes that offer commentary and insights into fascinating topics and the lives of a diverse array of individuals. It’s also the podcast that developed the insanely popular spinoff
- Lady to Lady – On each episode of this hilarious podcast, comedians Barbara Gray, Brandie Posey and Tess Barker welcome a fourth “funny lady” to debate pop culture and current event topics, play games, and offer “embarrassingly hilarious personal revelations.” This podcast will have you laughing out loud during your commute, which should definitely help it go by a lot faster.
What are some of your favorite podcasts?